The Capitol Theatre is actively taking measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our workplace safe. To ensure that, we have created a Covid-19 mitigation plan following the Provincial Health Office Guidelines.
All of our team members are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined
effort will help to contain the spread of the virus. We will continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our COVID-19 Response Team.
This plan serves as the roadmap for the safe reopening and ongoing operations of The
Capitol Theatre and live events under the current government guidelines and criteria.
Capitol Theatre Information for Patrons
We look forward to welcoming you to upcoming performances with limited audience numbers!
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other patrons, volunteers and performers. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting The Capitol Theatre. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. Senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting The Capitol Theatre you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy.
We ask that you please complete the Self-Assessment Survey prior to attending the performance.
At Home Health Self-Assessment
1. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Do you have a fever?
3. Do you have a cough?
4. Are you experiencing shortness of breath?
5. Do you have a runny nose?
6. Have you been in close contact with someone who is sick or has confirmed
COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
7. Have you returned from travel outside of BC in the past 14 days?
8. Are you feeling unwell?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, we ask that you keep yourself safely at home and contact the box office at (250)352-6363 to arrange for a refund of your tickets.
Cleanliness and Sanitization
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as entry areas, tables, door handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, we will set up several hand sanitizer locations.
Patrons are highly encouraged to use these frequently while in the building.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures
Managing the number of patrons visiting The Capitol Theatre has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of patrons, volunteers, staff and performers at any given time.
Additional measures include:
• Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist patrons to responsibly move throughout the facility. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
• Training: We are training our Volunteers to engage with patrons and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
We appreciate your cooperation with our staff and volunteers as they work to safely get everyone where they need to go while maintaining physical distancing.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Before You Arrive
• Please ensure that you have completed the Self-Assessment
• For online purchases, please bring your email receipt in lieu of your tickets.
• At this time there will be no concession services available.
• A face masks or other type of covering is required to be worn while attending events.
As You Arrive
• Ensure that you maintain 2 meters (6 feet) physical distancing at all times
• Enter the theatre via the doors clearly labelled ENTRANCE.
• Please follow the instructions provided by signs, volunteers and physical barriers.
• We invite you to sanitize your hands at the Sanitization Station.
• Next proceed to the ticketing volunteer to for confirmation of your ticket.
• We ask that you then proceed immediately to your seat as instructed by the Front of House volunteer/staff.
In the Theatre
• Once in the auditorium please find your assigned seat and get comfortable. To maintain safe distancing we request that you do not change seats.
• If you feel unwell during the performance please exit the theatre and report to the box office staff.
At the End of the Performance
• At the completion of the performance please exit the theatre while maintaining physical distance.
• We ask that you do not mingle after the performance.
• If you have worn a disposable mask or gloves while at the theatre, we ask that you please take them with you when you leave.
Thank you so much for helping us to keep you, our valued patrons, and our volunteers,performers and staff safe and healthy.