Capitol Alumni Group
The Capitol Theatre Alumni Group
Stay in touch with your theatre!
Have you been involved in the 30 years of the Capitol Theatre Restoration Society’s annual Christmas Pantomime or Summer Youth Program? Did you act, sing, and/or dance as a performer? Were you a stage director, musical director, or choreographer? Did you help out backstage or behind the scenes? If so, you have earned the right to call yourself a Capitol Theatre Alumni member.
In those very first years after the restoration of the theatre, summer productions and Christmas pantomimes became annual traditions for the Capitol. Not only did they provide opportunities for both youth and adults to engage with the theatre in a wide range and variety of roles, but they also raised valuable revenue for the theatre as it grew through the 1990’s and into the new millenium. Today they continue to play to near sell-out houses and are an expected and highly anticipated part of the theatrical season.
Whatever role you played in summer shows or pantomimes, your contribution to the growth of the Capitol Theatre over the years has been invaluable. As alumni of the Capitol, you have helped to shape the history of the theatre in the Nelson community and bring it to where it is today: a pillar of the performing arts community, serving Nelson and the surrounding area.
Why is it important to remain in touch with your theatre?
- Keep in touch with fellow alumni of the Capitol Theatre productions over the past 30 years and find out where they are now.
- Help shape the future of the theatre by attending shows and events.
- Continue to participate in future productions.
- Share your memories of the Capitol and have your story on our webpage.
- Support your theatre by volunteering as Front of House, Board member or on stage.
- Support your theatre financially to ensure the building is maintained and continues to keep up with growing trends and technological changes.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information on shows and events.